Clotrimazole is used to treat skin infections such as athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm, and other fungal skin infections (candidiasis). Clotrimazole is also used to treat a skin condition known as pityriasis (tinea versicolor), a fungal infection that causes a lightening or darkening of the skin of the neck, chest, arms, or legs. Clotrimazole is an azole antifungal that works by preventing the growth of fungus.
This medicine is indicated for fungal and gram positive bacterial infections of the skin and nails. It is also used for fungal otitis external (inflammation of external ear). Clotrimazole topical is also indicated for vulvitis (inflammation of vulva, area outside the vagina), balanitis (inflammation of head of penis); treatment of partner to prevent re-infection.
This medication is used to treat vaginal yeast infections. Clotrimazole reduces vaginal burning, itching, and discharge that may occur with this condition. This medication is an azole antifungal. It works by stopping the growth of yeast (fungus) that causes the infection. The vaginal product comes in 2 forms (a vaginal cream or tablet). Some products come with a skin cream to be applied to the area around the outside of the vagina.
- Use clotrimazole on the skin only.
- Clean and thoroughly dry the area to be treated.
- Apply clotrimazole to the affected skin, usually twice a day or as directed by your doctor.
- Dosage and length of treatment depend on the type of infection being treated.
- Do not apply this more often than prescribed.
- Apply enough clotrimazole to cover the affected area and some of the surrounding skin.
- After applying clotrimazole, wash your hands.
- Do not wrap, cover or bandage the area unless directed to do so by your doctor.
- Do not apply clotrimazole in the eyes, nose, mouth, or vagina.
- Use clotrimazole regularly to get the most benefit from it.
- To help remember, use clotrimazole at the same time.
- Quantity is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- Do not increase your quantity or take this product more often than directed.
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, MyVitaminStore.pk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website. While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website. If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. For medicinal products, content on our website is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition or to substitute advice given by medical practitioners, pharmacists or other licensed health care professionals. You should contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website.